No, we don't. Under the new FATCA regulations, withhold-able payments do not include foreign exchange payments. Although gains on foreign exchange contracts are generally reported to the IRS as gross proceeds, FATCA regulations appear to apply to proceeds from the sale or disposition of property capable of producing interest or dividends from sources within the United States. Of note, this is subject to change if FATCA regulations are amended or revised. Please consult a qualified tax professional for additional assistance.
Articles in this section
- Red Flag Countries - Unable to Service or Limited Asset Access
- WILL AMP GLOBAL WITHHOLD TAXES ON MY ACCOUNT?
- IN WHAT CASES DO I NEED TO SUBMIT A FORM W8-BEN/W8-BEN-E TO AMP GLOBAL?
- WHAT IS FATCA?
- HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT THE MONEY ON MY TRADING ACCOUNT IS SAFE?
- WHAT IS THE MINIMUM DEPOSIT FOR A TRADING ACCOUNT?
- HOW CAN I START TRADING?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OPEN A TRADING ACCOUNT?
- Existing AMP Global Clearing, LLC (USA) Clients > Transfer to AMP Global Ltd. (Europe)
- HOW CAN I OPEN A TRADING ACCOUNT?