No, we don't. Under the new FATCA regulations, withhold-able payments do not include foreign exchange payments. Although gains on foreign exchange contracts are generally reported to the IRS as gross proceeds, FATCA regulations appear to apply to proceeds from the sale or disposition of property capable of producing interest or dividends from sources within the United States. Of note, this is subject to change if FATCA regulations are amended or revised. Please consult a qualified tax professional for additional assistance.
Articles in this section
- How do I open an account?
- Red Flag Countries - Unable to Service or Limited Asset Access
- Will AMP Global Withhold Taxes?
- In what cases will you need to submit a form W8-BEN/W8-BEN-E to AMP Global?
- What is FATCA?
- How can I be sure that the funds on deposit for my trading account are safe?
- What is the Minimum Initial Deposit for starting a Trading Account?
- How can I Start Trading?
- How long does it take to Open a Trading Account?
- How can I Open a Trading Account?